SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#197701 - 10/21/04 08:00 AM Which chord for "World Is Waiting For The Sunrise"?
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Am doing an arrangement for a class I give. The song is in C. I have have the old standard fake book (the bootlegger) which I usually use if needed. Usually the chords are correct but I am looking at another version and am now wondering which is the real intended chord.

One version has this:

G+/|C///|//G+/|C///|etc

The other shows this:

G+/|C///|//G+/|B7///|etc

Does anyone know which is the correct chord in the 3rd full measure? Is C correct or is B7 correct?

Thanx
Scott

The answer I am not looking for is they both sound correct. I am looking for the chord that was intended by the composer and/or they way a group of musicians would perform it.

#197702 - 10/21/04 09:03 AM Re: Which chord for "World Is Waiting For The Sunrise"?
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Bozeman, MT, USA
Here's The Guitar Guy's interpretation. It's in a different key of course but maybe it will help. I'm afraid I don't even know the song. http://theguitarguy.com/worldisw.htm

#197703 - 10/21/04 02:43 PM Re: Which chord for "World Is Waiting For The Sunrise"?
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Well, the B7 is out of place. The guitar guy looks better, but I don't understand the DM7.
I would use these chords.

G+/|C///|Cdim7//G+|C/C6/|E7aug/E7/|
F/F#dim7/|C//Am7/|D7///|Dm7/G+/|
G+/|C///|Cdim7//G+|C/C6/|E7aug/E7/|
F/F#dim7/|C//A7/|Dm7(9)/G7(13)/|C///| |

It depends how fast you play it and what you can handle on the keyboard of course.
You could also play:
G+/|C///|G+///|C///|E7Aug/E7/|
(leave the E7Aug in!: E-G#-C)

#197704 - 10/21/04 03:20 PM Re: Which chord for "World Is Waiting For The Sunrise"?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Drdalet is correct. The B7 doesn't belong and guitar guy is right on.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online